Swaddling your baby has numerous benefits if swaddles perfectly:
- Swaddling your baby, takes them back to the days when they were in the womb, feeling safe, comfortable.
- Swaddled babies sleep longer and more soundly and experience less anxiety
- Swaddling prevents unnecessary wake-ups due to the startle reflex.
- A swaddled baby can’t scratch their face.
- Swaddling mimics touch, which is important for baby especially when they wake up at night.
- Wearing a swaddle helps maintain baby’s back-sleeping position, and also reminds tired parents to place baby on back to sleep.
- Swaddling soothes babies with colic (again, when swaddled, they feel secure and safe just like they felt in the womb).
- Along with enormous benefits to the baby it also benefits the parents — when baby sleeps sound and more, mom and dad sleep more!